Your information is safe with us. We will not misuse your data. We may collect and retain your personal information (such as your email address, name, phone number and mailing address) in order to process your order or meet any requests you may have. We may use your information for the following reasons:
- to send news and information about our activities which we believe may be useful to you;
- to process any queries you may have;
- to assist in providing the services you request, including order processing;
- to verify your identity.
If you do not want your personal information used in this manner, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can access and update your personal information at any time. You can request to be removed from our mailing list by emailing us. We will only use or disclose to a credit agency personal information that you have provided to us or which we have obtained about you if:
- you have given us permission;
- we are required by law to disclose the information;
- we have given you notification of the intended use or disclosure and you have not objected to that use or disclosure; or
- we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions.
Security of Information
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. When you place an order online with our website, a secure server is used (SSL Encryption). neighbourhood Coffee Roasters uses industry standard data encryption for transmission of any personal information including credit card details you provide online. neighbourhood Coffee Roasters makes no warranty in respect of the effectiveness of encryption used, and neighbourhood Coffee is not responsible for events arising from the unauthorised access of the information you provide. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk.
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
– Communicate with you;
– Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
– When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing you personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com.